Energy-saving tips designed to help the environment will also lower your bills.
Avoid waste by:
- Switching off appliances at the wall when not in use.
- Using energy saving light bulbs.
- Washing only full loads of laundry and avoiding tumble drying.
- Defrosting fridges and freezers regularly.
- Turning lights off in empty rooms.
- Adjusting your thermostat if it’s too warm. Even turning it down by one degree saves energy.
- Putting heat reflectors behind radiators and setting radiator thermostats.
- Draught proofing doors.
- Closing curtains to keep the heat in.