In the event of an emergency repair the contractors listed below have agreed to respond to a direct call from you when the office is closed.
Emergency repairs: pose a danger to life or limb; or a threat to health, safety or security; or would cause further major damage to the fabric of the building if not immediately dealt with. They should normally be attended to within 24 hours. In some cases the immediate emergency repair may be of a temporary nature only until a permanent repair can be carried out.
They include (but are not limited to):
- Total loss of electrical power except for a Power Cut affecting other properties in the area, when you should contact your local distribution network operator, UK Power Networks, by telephoning 0800 31 63 105 free to call from a landline or mobile phone; texting POWER and your postcode to 80876; or visiting the website co.uk/powercut.
- Unsafe power, lighting socket or electrical fitting if cannot be effectively isolated and immediate risk cannot be avoided
- Total loss of water supply
- Total or partial loss of gas supply
- Suspected gas leak
- Blocked flue to open fire or boiler
- Total or partial loss of space or water heating in winter months (between 1 October and 30 April) affecting the infirm or elderly or young children under 5 years
- Blocked, broken or leaking foul drain, soil stack or WC (where no other working WC in dwelling)
- Major plumbing leaks or bursts
- Leaking roof, gutters or downpipes where dangerous or causing major damage
- Insecure ground floor external window, door or lock posing an immediate security risk to occupants
- Loose or detached banister or hand rail where dangerous
- Rotten timber flooring or stair tread where dangerous
Please ensure that you let us have the details of any necessary repair as soon as the office re-opens. Contractors are instructed not to respond if the repair is not a genuine emergency. If you call out a contractor knowing that the repair is not a genuine emergency, you may be charged for the call-out.
GAS CENTRAL HEATING
Total or substantial loss of hot water/heating, affecting the infirm or elderly or young children under 5 years. Please let them know if you have a communal heating system, as a different engineer will be needed.
S & S Burners
This is the S & S office number. If the office is closed, you will be re-directed to the 24/7 emergency engineer
Tel: 0208 330 7992
ELECTRICAL INCLUDING ELECTRIC STORAGE HEATERS
Dangerous electrical fittings or complete electrical heating failure (other than a Power Cut) affecting the infirm or elderly or young children under 5 years.
Insta Services 020 8391 1222
Front door lock is completely broken and/or the property is not secure.
Craig Broome (Surrey Locksmiths) 07770 338970
Major plumbing leaks or bursts.
John McNamara 07973 299991
Blocked, broken or leaking foul drain, soil stack or WC (where no other working WC in dwelling).
The Drain Guys Ltd 0800 043 5452 or 07703 193 746
Serious roof leak etc. where dangerous or causing major damage.
Maguire Bros 020 8942 2324 or 07778 311263
GENERAL BUILDING IF NONE OF ABOVE APPLY OR CONTRACTOR UNAVAILABLE
Contact an appropriate local emergency contractor using the Yellow Pages, internet or similar. But please be aware that if you call out a contractor emergency, knowing the repair is not genuine, we will not refund the cost.
- In case of suspected gas leaks – Open doors and windows; turn the gas off at the meter (unless it is located in the cellar/basement); avoid the use of any naked flames or electrical switches; and telephone the National Gas Emergency Service immediately on 0800 111 999 (24 hour service).
- Fire – Phone the Fire Brigade Emergency Service on 999
- Power Cut affecting other properties in the area – Contact your local distribution network operator, UK Power Networks, by telephoning 0800 31 63 105 free to call from a landline or mobile phone; texting POWER and your postcode to 80876; or visiting the website ukpowernetworks.co.uk/power cut.